but it would surely be fearsome to come upon the owner in the jungle...
This lightweight jacket isThe Minoru Jacket, by Sewaholic Patterns. My friend Shams recently made this and I fell in love with the pattern, particularly the collar. This is an audition for a pattern to use for a Paris Coat; I used a cotton
stretch jacquard I bought some time ago from Emma One Sock.
I made a few changes to the pattern, eliminating the hood, the sleeve bands, the elastic at the waist,and darting the shoulders rather than gathering them. I also lengthened the jacket by 4 inches, added fish-eye darts, front and back, and added two zippered welt pockets. I lined it with a lively polka dot.
The jury is still out on whether I'll use this pattern for the Paris Coat...I'll wear it for a few weeks and see what I think.
Enough people have expressed curiosity as to my "saving" the Cutting Line Designs Light and Shadow Vest in my previous post, that I decided to explain what happened and how I fixed it...non-sewers may skip down to the Food Porn...
The pattern consists of a right front, a left front, the back and the cowl collar. The two fronts are quite different in order to provide the asymmetrical shaping.
The problem was definitely "operator error"...even after close to 70 years of sewing, I still need to be aware!
The fabric, a striped silk dupioni, looks the same on both sides. I cut each front out as indicated, and (I thought) labeled them with pieces of tape as I do when
using fabric that is identical on both sides.
which is always clearly written, illustrated and covers all details. Per the instructions, I serged the hems of the front pieces, folded up the hems, mitered the corners and used Steam-A-Seam to fuse the hems. Then I top-stitched them. When I started to join the two fronts to the back, I realized I had somehow hemmed the left front on the right side of the garment. And since I had serged, mitered, hemmed, fused and topstitched, I couldn't undo
my work. So I covered the error with bias tape, added the same tape to the other side and to the back, so it looked (unless you were too close) like it had been planned!
My Instant Pot got more of a work out lately; for Valentine's Day dessert, I made this
It's a Meyer Lemon Cheesecake made in the pressure cooker...and it was
VERY GOOD...we seldom eat dessert, so it was a treat!
I also used the I.P. to make the herbed beans in this recipe...
Roasted Halibut with Herbed Corona Beans...also very good...
And tonight, we are having
Swiss Chard with Borlotti Beans (Verdure con Fagioli). I am working on using
up my Bean Club beans!
A few more days in my studio, then DD and DSIL are coming up for the weekend. Yay!
I'm linking up with Patti's "Visible Monday". Come on over!