About Me

My photo
Los Olivos, California, United States
You can reach me at fool4fabric (at) gmail (dot) com

Thursday, July 4, 2013

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!

Happy 4th of July to my American friends...and others, too...a good excuse to celebrate!

My Yankee Doodle Dandy took off this morning to play with his band before the 
parade in Solvang...

I, on the other hand, stayed home so I could finish my two-day "what was I
thinking of" clean up of my office. I couldn't believe the stuff I'd hung on to...the paperwork and software for my first computer, maybe 16 years ago?
The original iPod? Bills and receipts from 10 years ago? My old desktop and monitor which hasn't been turned on for at least a year? Anyway, you get the idea...I am ever-so-slightly compulsive (stop laughing, those who know me!)
so I wind up with things like this

I DID get a little sewing done the other day...one of my pet peeves is the fact that most women's pajamas and nightgowns are either pastel colors (mint green, anyone?) or red or black satin bombshell type things...so, I made a pair of summer  pajamas in...you guessed it...black and gray!
The chevron knit is from Girl Charlee, using the same Vogue Pattern I used for my polka dot jacket, 7281, the lovely comfy shorts. The top is Cutting Line Designs Pure and Simple shell, a TNT of mine. Unfortunately, it appears to be OOP. They are extremely comfortable, just the way I like them!

I'm off to finish cleaning the office...tomorrow I hope to start on the MOB
jacket.

I hope you're all having a good holiday...

TTYL

7 comments:

  1. LOL, don't be hard on yourself about stuff piling up. It just happens!

    Your pyjamas are indeed blog worthy. Funny, but I actually love the pink and white polka dot or mint green jammies that are offered.

    Sue xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Margy, your pjs are gorgeous. I've been working to alter NL6838 pants so they will fit a petite. This has resulted in 2 pairs of drawstring cotton pants in wild prints. I love them as pjs. Like you, sleepwear needs to reflect my aesthetic and mint green doesn't work for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on preferring less pastel pjs! Those are cute and, I bet, nice and cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Margy
    You're near Solvang, I found a lovely embroidery shop there in July 1981 and bought a couple of interesting things (still to be started, though one was for my sister and I'm sure she could have started hers). How is that for procrastination, the embroidery kit was bought in US, taken home to South Africa and has "waited" in my current UK sewing room since 1989.
    Your PJs are lovely but I could not imagine you wearing anything less than perfect as you always seem to know what will suit you. Another Margy triumph!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all your sewing creations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantatic pjs! You're so right about the pastel. I love the black and grey combo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Margy,

    Loving your finished chevron tee shirt! Well done. :)

    Thank you for the mention.

    ~Janet http://www.girlcharlee.com/

    ReplyDelete