I made View D, with the princess seams, but used a straight back. I added 2" to the length, and made the long sleeves and lowered the pockets by an inch or two. Yet another try in my search for more body-conscious clothing.
The fabric is a black, pin-striped cotton from F&S Fabrics (one of my finds on my recent trip to Los Angeles.) It has no stretch, and is 100% cotton, so it does wrinkle. I am getting used to a little stretch in my cottons and missed it in this shirt.
I used the instructions in this pdf for the special interfacing, which makes the collar stand up without drooping; I tried using the instructions for the collar band as well, but wound up having to recut the band; it didn't work for me. I made an under collar pattern and cut it on the opposing bias, which makes it lie on the neck very well.
Here is the back...sorry about the moire effect...
I had fun playing with the bias; it's on the cuffs, too...I'm pleased with this pattern; next time I'll try the princess seams in the back, too. I learned to make
classic shirts when I was 16, and made matching shirts (ackkkkk) for my boyfriend and me!
Not such a good picture of the shirt, but the roses are glorious!