About Me

My photo
Los Olivos, California, United States
You can reach me at fool4fabric (at) gmail (dot) com

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Sewing Workshop TeagardenTee

Well, I finished it yesterday...it had me wringing my hands a couple of times, as it certainly is not an "intuitive" pattern. Here is the pattern view
and here is my interpretation:

The fabric is a rayon jersey knit from Marcy Tilton, a faux ikat print. I think it is too "wimpy" for this pattern; it not only is too limp, but it looks sort of faded and over-washed. IOW, I'm not too wild about it! However, this was a first try and I'm not giving up yet. I cut a Medium and added a little to the hips, which turned out not to be necessary. The length is not good on me; the waist shaping emphasizes my hips. Next time I make it, I'll lengthen it 3 or 4 inches. I do like the neckline...I can see why this pattern is a favorite top with many people. And maybe it'll go together a little more easily next time!


3 comments:

  1. Margy I just found your blog and I like it! Keep working the Teagarden T. I'm sure you'll find ways to wear this one because it looks great in the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Terri, you're a good role model for not giving up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Margy, I think it looks great!! Love it in that fabric. I prefer it in lightweight rayon lycra jersey, which is kinda whimpy. :) Make it another 10 times or so, and you will find it's pretty intuitive!

    ReplyDelete